Giving at Lakeside
They are to do good, to be rich in good works, generous and ready to share, thus storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of life that really is life.1 Timothy 6:18-19
Starting with the stories of Creation, the Bible describes humanity as stewards over God’s good creation. The Bible also speaks of tithes and offerings, encouraging us to both set aside a regular amount to contribute to God’s work in the church, and also to make special offerings when moved by events in the world around.
At Lakeside, you can give to a variety of funds in a variety of ways:
- The General Fund of Lakeside Presbyterian Church is our budget, managed by Session. The ministry and mission goals we share as a church are accomplished as our gifts work together throughout the year. Copies of the current budget are readily available from the church office. Members of the Finance and Stewardship Committees would be glad to answer your questions at any time!
- Finish Strong! Our Finish Strong campaign is helping us finish our fundraising for the new kitchen and for our 2016 general fund.
- Per Capita Apportionment. In essence, per capita is a set amount of money (apportionment) per member that congregations pay to the larger Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Every Presbyterian shares in the benefit of the PC(USA)’s system of government, so every Presbyterian is asked to share the expenses associated with coordinating and performing the functions of that system. In 2016 we are assessed $30 per active church member. A donation of any size helps Lakeside pay the roughly $15,000 annual per capita apportionment.
- Special Gifts: Throughout the year we hold special offerings and share in mission outreach together. If you ever have a question, please contact the church office and we’ll make sure you get the best possible answer to your question!
- The Jubilation Fund of Lakeside Presbyterian Church was begun in 2013, our Jubilee (50th Anniversary) year. Having completed (and paid for!) improvements to our lower level and nursery, our front entrance, and refurbished restrooms on the main level, we will complete Jubilation efforts with a complete renovation of the church kitchen in 2016. These projects have renewed our facilities, enhancing our ministry of Hospitality. 164 donors have provided gifts as high as $90,000 so far totaling $584,000. Outstanding pledges and new gifts should bring us over $650,000 as we complete the campaign. Help us finish our Jubilation projects “Strong“!
Learn how to give online, set up automatic withdrawals, and other approaches on our “Ways to Give” page.