Our Mission Committee Strategy:
- To create a culture of service encouraging the church membership to participate in service projects and activities in both the church’s local and extended presence in the community at large.
- To utilize the physical facilities of Lakeside Presbyterian Church to support activities beneficial to the local community.
- To participate and support activities of the connectional church and the ecumenical church.
- To work with the educational leadership of the church to advocate for social righteousness.
The many Mission Outreach Programs with which we are involved begin with our Presbyterian Missions. We support Mission Work through the Presbyterian Church with
- PDA (Presbyterian Disaster Assistance) work trips and disaster relief programs such as rebuilding after Hurricanes and Floods
- One Great Hour of Sharing – Hunger Relief, Disaster Relief, and Self Development of People
- Pentecost Offering – Caring for Children in need
- Peacemaking Offering – Furthering the Peace of Christ in our Mission Work
- Christmas Joy Offering – Supporting older church workers and institutions of learning begun by the Presbyterian Church for particular ethnic and racial populations.
- Direct Missions Support and TEF (Theological Education Fund)
- Jan Heckler – Mission Co-worker, Madagascar
- Dustin and Sherri Ellington – Mission Co-workers, Zambia
In addition, we support local ministry programs:
- Open Door – food distribution in Walnut Hills, Cincinnati
- CLASP – After School ministry in Ludlow, Kentucky
- Local Agencies such as Welcome House, Brighton Center and United Ministries
- Matthew 25 Ministries – a Global outreach sharing our resources with the world in need, in Blue Ash, Ohio
- Emergency Shelter – provides shelter which is life-saving in the winter and life-changing in the summer, in Covington, Kentucky
Our mission work seeks to accomplish three changes in the world around:
- We proclaim the Gospel Good News of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
- We help those in need, as the Bible admonishes us to do.
- We are changed in the mission work we do: the giver is transformed sometimes more than those who receive!
For more information contact our church office!