H o l y W e e k
Wednesday of Holy Week. Sign up and join us for simple soup supper at 6:00 p.m. followed by a brief worship service and several opportunities for involvement that evening!
Maundy Thursday. Thursday, March 28 come to worship in the Sanctuary at 7:00 p.m. for a Remembrance of the Last Supper, led by our pastors and choir. The service concludes leading us into the Passion of Jesus Christ, the story of Good Friday.
Good Friday Worship at Immanuel Methodist Church at Noon. Friday, March 29, our Community Good Friday service is hosted this year at the Methodist Church, 2551 Dixie Highway, Lakeside Park.
Easter Vigil. Saturday evening, March 30, starting at 7:30 p.m. join us for this 90-minute worship service which is actually four Worship Services together, celebrating the “First Light” of Easter. The Service of Light is followed by a Service of the Word, a Renewal of Baptism, and the Celebration of the Eucharist. This unique worship service tells the whole Salvation Story in a way perfect for Easter!
Sunrise Service March 31 at 6:30 a.m. join us for worship which welcomes the day! Our pastors are working together to make this service a success. Plan to join us!
Easter Sunday Worship. Easter Sunday is March 31. Worship at 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary. The lectionary for Easter includes Acts 10:34-43, Psalm 118, 1 Corinthians 15:19-26, and Luke 24:1-12. Prepare for worship by reading those passages before you come! There is Church School on Easter Sunday—check with your child’s teachers for more information. The worship services at 8:30 and 11:00 are identical, including the singing of the Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah by Handel at the conclusion of each service.
Throughout the Christian Year we hold special worship services to acknowledge events in the life of Jesus Christ our Savior and to honor events in our lives as a congregation. Everyone is welcome to attend. Special services of worship in addition to our traditional services can be scheduled by those willing to work with our Worship Committee to plan and coordinate. Here is our traditional list:
- Christmas Eve services are in our Sanctuary at 5:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- Easter Sunday worship is in our Sanctuary at 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. and a Sunrise Service is conducted on our church property at a time which embraces the rising of the Sun on Easter Sunday morning!
- Holy Week services include the following:
- Palm Sunday
- Maundy Thursday – The Lord’s Supper the evening before Good Friday.
- Good Friday – Community Service at noon.
- Easter Vigil – The “crown jewel” of Christian Worship the evening before Easter.
- Advent – typically in the season preceding Christmas we have a Lessons and Carols service on a Sunday morning and a special Advent Worship time when the Christmas Tree in the Sanctuary is decorated.
- Lent – in the season preceding Easter we have a Worship Service on Ash Wednesday in the evening, and at certain times during the season.
- Community Thanksgiving Service – the Tuesday evening before Thanksgiving.
- Services for Wholeness – a time of prayers for healing and wholeness will be scheduled on occasion at Lakeside Presbyterian Church. Everyone is welcome!