Throughout the Christian Year we hold special worship services to acknowledge events in the life of Jesus Christ our Savior and to honor events in our lives as a congregation. Everyone is welcome to attend. Special services of worship in addition to our traditional services can be scheduled by those willing to work with our Worship Committee to plan and coordinate.
Here is our traditional list:
- Christmas Eve services are in our Sanctuary at 5:00 pm, 9:00 pm and 11:00 pm.
- Easter Sunday worship is in our Sanctuary at 8:30 and 11:00 am and a Sunrise Service is conducted on our church property at a time which embraces the rising of the Sun on Easter Sunday morning!
- Holy Week services include the following:
- Palm Sunday
- Maundy Thursday– The Lord’s Supper the evening before Good Friday.
- Good Friday- Community Service at noon and a service at Lakeside at 7:00 pm.
- Easter Vigil – The “crown jewel” of Christian Worship the evening before Easter.
- Advent – typically in the season preceding Christmas we have a Lessons and Carols service on a Sunday morning and a special Advent Worship time when the Christmas Tree in the Sanctuary is decorated.
- Lent – in the season preceding Easter we have a Worship Service on Ash Wednesday in the evening, and at certain times during the season.
- Community Thanksgiving Service – the Tuesday evening before Thanksgiving.
- Services for Wholeness – a time of prayers for healing and wholeness will be scheduled on occasion at Lakeside Presbyterian Church. Everyone is welcome!